Tamil Nadu Standard
DescriptionDiscover Tamil Nadu, a land of magnificent temples and lovely beaches.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 - Arrive in Chennai | Drive from Chennai to Mahabalipuram via Kanchipuram
Arrive in Chennai, meet your Manoyatra representative and proceed to visit Kailasanatha Temple, Vaikunda Perumal Temple, Varatharaja Temple and Ekambareswara Temple at Kanchipuram. Thereafter, drive to Mahabalipuram. On arrival, check in to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Sightseeing in Mahabalipuram
After breakfast, enjoy a sightseeing tour of Mahabalipuram including visits to Arjuna's Penance, Five Rathas, Shore Temple, Tiger Cave and Krishna's Butter Ball. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Drive from Mahabalipuram to Pondicherry (160 km/approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to Pondicherry, a former French colony. The town still retains a French influence in its architecture, surroundings and planning. On arrival, check in to your hotel and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Sightseeing in Pondicherry
After breakfast, visit the Aurobindo Ashram, founded by a Bengali philosopher named Aurobindo in the early 20th century. In the afternoon, you will have the option to visit Auroville or relax on the beach. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Drive from Pondicherry to Trichy (196 km/approx. 5 hours)
In the morning, leave for Trichy/Tiruchirapalli situated on the banks of Cauvery River. A blend of history and tradition make it an important pilgrimage destination. Visit Ranganath Temple at Srirangam. Check in at the hotel. In the afternoon, go on a city tour of Trichy that takes you to Rock Fort and its temple, Srirangam and Jambukeshwar Temple. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day : 6 Day 6 - Drive from Trichy to Madurai (120 km/approx. 3.5 hours)
After an early morning breakfast, proceed to Madurai. On your arrival, check in at the hotel. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of this bustling pilgrimage city where life revolves around the great Meenakshi Temple. This temple with its Gopurams (pyramidal gateway towers) is covered with a profusion of multi-coloured images of mythical figures, animals and gods. Also visit Tirumalai Nayak Palace and the Gandhi Museum. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day : 7 Day 7 - Trip to Rameshwaram
After breakfast, drive to Rameshwaram. Upon arrival, proceed on a local tour of the town. Legend says that Ramanathaswamy Temple stands where Lord Rama performed worship of a sand lingam made by Sita. Have lunch at Rameshwaram and return to Madurai for your overnight stay.
Day : 8 Day 8 - Depart from Madurai
After breakfast, proceed to Madurai airport/railway station for your return journey.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 7 Nights accommodation as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
This magnificent masterpiece, Shore Temple, located along the coast of Bay of Bengal captivates every traveller. This granite built pagoda provides a picturesque contrast with usually a clear blue sky and its azure sea making it a must visit attraction.
Krishna’s Butterball is a gigantic granite boulder and is one of the best places to see in the town. For the fact that, efforts were put to bring down the rock by using seven elephants, this 16 feet tall rock stood on a short slope without a hitch.
Thirukadalmallai or Sthalasayana Perumal Temple is one of the 108 popular temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This shrine is designed in Dravidian Pallava style architecture and it still holds festive offerings and religious activities.
Sree Meenakshi Amman Temple
one of the most famous temples in South India. The huge temple that extends beyond 6 hectares of land is dedicated to god Shiva and it is named after goddess Parvati. The temple was constructed by Kulasekara Pandya. The temple has been mentioned in the songs sung by ancient saint as early as the 7th century.
- High-speed Internet
- Play Place
- Bike Rental
- Free parking
- Location : mahabalipuram,pondicherry,madurai
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing