DescriptionSeven day tour of Sikkim - The land of astounding natural scenery.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 – Arrival Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri - Transfer to Gangtok
Arrive at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and we transfer you to Gangtok (115kms / 4.5Hr. drive). Located at an altitude of 1677 m Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim, a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. Evening free to explore around at your own pace, overnight at hotel.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Gangtok Local Sightseeing (9.30 AM - 1:30 PM Or 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
After breakfast proceed for Half day sightseeing tour in and around this capital city of Sikkim, covering Chortan (Stupa), Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Institute of Handicrafts and handlooms (Closed on Sunday) and Ranka Monastery & Jakhri water Falls. You can opt for evening sightseeing slot as per your convenience. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Excursion Trip to Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
After breakfast start for half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), 32kms from Gangtok City. The lake is almost about 1Km long, oval in shape and 15 m deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people; further 12Kms visit the Baba Mandir dedicated to the memory of soldier Harbhajan Singh. Evening free at Gangtok for shopping and individual activity. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Gangtok to Lachung
After breakfast, proceed to Lachung (117Kms/6.5Hrs), en-route sightseeing at Singhik View point, Chumthang Valley, Twin Falls and Vima Falls .Evening free to explore the beautiful Himalayan village by your own. Overnight at Hotel.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Lachung - Yumthang valley excursion
Early morning after breakfast start for half day excursion trip to Yumthang Valley, en-route visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary. Some photographs of the natural scenes of Switzerland and Yumthang valley are very hard to distinguish. Yumthang, which is at an altitude of 3658 m, is situated about 135 km from Gangtok. April and May promises colorful flowers & Orchids, where as November end to March usually sees snows. Transfer back to Lachung for Lunch followed by visit to Lachung Monastery. Evening free, overnight at Hotel.
Day : 6 Day 6 - Lachung to Gangtok
After breakfast proceed to Gangtok (117kms / 5Hr. drive). Evening free for leisure, overnight stay at hotel.
Day : 7 Day 7 - Departure - Gangtok to Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri
After breakfast we drop you at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (114kms / 4.5Hr. drive) for your onward journey. The trip ends here.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 4 Nights accommodation in Gangtok as per itinerary
- 2 Night accommodation in Lachung as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
The sanctuary has more than 24 species of rhododendron shrubs, which are vast in t ranges of flora which is found at the places which includes Poppies, Rhododendrons, Primulas, Saxifrages, Gentians, Iris and are much more.
Yumthang valley boasts of its thick rhododendron picturesque place in North Sikkim with its forests and hot sulphur springs. It is a valley to 24 species which it rightly earns its name as ‘Valley of Flowers.’ The poassing of rivers Teesta through it makes the paradise of the valley a place for nature lovers.
River Rafting in Teesta
One such destination is the Makha town beside Gangtok. A circuit of around 11-km, rafting starts from this quaint little town and continues till Rangpo through Sirwani. Above all, what attracts the adrenaline junkies for river rafting in Gangtok is the astounding views while challenging and manoeuvring the ferocious rapids of Teesta River.
On the journey to this pass, you can also witness some of the hidden lakes, diverse range of flora and fauna, local shepherds with their sheep, yak and goats. If luck favours, you can also spot endangered species like snow leopards, Tibetan wolf, golden eagle and several others.
- High-speed Internet
- Conference room
- Play Place
- Free parking
- Location : siliguri,lachung,gangtok
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing