Scenic Memories of Assam
Description6 Day tour covering Kaziranga and Shillong with excursion trip to Cherrapunji & Mawlynnong.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 - Arrive Guwahati - Kaziranga (193 km / 4 hours)
Arrive at Guwahati airport / railway station, meet our representative and we transfer you to Kaziranga. Check-in at hotel and enjoy bonfire in the evening. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Kaziranga - Elephant safari and Jeep Safari (Add on)
After breakfast you are in for an exciting elephant safari early in the morning, which will take you up close to the rhinos and other animals. Optional: Post lunch, enjoy a jeep safari to the western range of the park which has a high density of Wild buffalos, rhinos and Swamp deer. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Kaziranga to Shillong (275 km / 7 hours)
Post breakfast, begin the long drive to Shillong. On your way to Shillong, visit the beautiful Umiam Lake. After reaching Shillong, you will visit the Cathedral of Mary Church, which is one of the oldest cathedrals in Northeast India. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Day excursion to Cherrapunji
After a scrumptious breakfast, proceed for a full-day excursion to Cherrapunji, which is one of the wettest places on earth. En route to Cherrapunji visit the Shillong Peak, from where you can get panoramic views of the beautiful city. Then visit the Mawsmai Cave and the famous Elephant Falls. On your arrival at Cherrapunji, visit Ramakrishna Mission and then the magnificent Nohkalikai Falls. After having lunch, drive back to Shillong. The evening is free for you to go shopping. Have a delicious dinner and retire for the night in Shillong.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Day excursion to Mawlynnong
After early breakfast drive to Mawlynnong, also known as 'Asia's Cleanest Village'. Also visit the unique living root bridge here and the natural wonder, Balancing Rock. Have a comfortable night stay at your hotel in Shillong.
Day : 6 Day 6 - Shillong - Guwahati: End of tour
After breakfast we drop you at Guwahati Airport / Railway Station (100 kms / 2.5Hr. drive) for your onward journey. The trip ends here.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 2 Nights accommodation in Kaziranga as per itinerary
- 3 Night accommodation in Shillong as per itinerary
- 01 Excursion to Cherrapunji as per itinenary
- 01 Excursion to Mawlynnong as per itinenary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Kaziranga National Orchid and Bio-Diversity Park
The Kaziranga National Orchid park houses around 600 varieties of wild orchids which have been collected from across the North-Eastern region. Some are found exclusively in the local region and many of them have not yet received a name. The orchids are placed in a wild state so that the ambiance provided is as close to natural as possible. They have been placed in a greenhouse along with some hybrid varieties.
Ward's Lake Shillong
One of the most popular attractions of Shillong, Ward’s lake is a must-visit place when in this pristine north-eastern city. Also known as Pollock’s Lake, this artificial water body is encircled by an extensive lush garden and lies in the middle of the city. Take a walk around this horse-shoe shaped lake on the cobble-stone path or simply admire the colorful floral beds in the garden. It is equally popular amidst locals, family vacationers and honeymooning couples, as a picnic spot.
In eastern India’s Mawlynnong village, tidying up is a ritual that everyone – from tiny toddlers to toothless grannies – takes very seriously. This small, 600-odd person town in the Meghalaya region is renowned as the cleanest village in India.
- High-speed Internet
- Free parking
- Location : kaziranga,shillong
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing