DescriptionFive day tour covering major highlights of Darjeeling and Gangtok.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 – Arrival Siliguri - Transfer to Darjeeling
Arrive in NJP railway station or Bagdogra Airport (IXB) and head to Darjeeling which is a drive of around 3 hours. The evening is free for you to spend at leisure. Take a walk on Mall Road and Chowrasta or visit the Nightingale Park (Shrubbery Park).
Day : 2 Day 2 - Darjeeling sightseeing
You will be visiting 3 places between 4 am and 8 am. Proceed for the early morning tour to Tiger Hills (at around 4 am) for a lovely view of the sunrise over the Kanchenjunga Peak (subject to clear weather). On your way back, visit Batasia Loop & Ghoom Monastery. After a filling breakfast, you will visit 7 places between 9:30 am and 3 pm. Proceed for the city tour of Darjeeling and visit Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tea Garden, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Japanese Temple, Peace Pagoda and ropeway. The evening is free to spend at your leisure or other activities. Retire for the night at your hotel.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Darjeeling - Gangtok: Gangtok sightseeing
The tour starts at 7:30 am. After having breakfast, continue your travel to Gangtok. The commute time is around 4-5 hours. After a sumptuous lunch, proceed for sightseeing with a half-day city tour. This covers Do-Drul Chorthen, Research Institute of Tibetology, Directorate of Handicraft and Handloom (Closed on Sunday), and the Flower Show. Spend the night in Gangtok.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Gangtok - Excursion to Changu Lake and new Baba Mandir
After breakfast, proceed for an excursion to Changu Lake and Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which is approximately 55 km from Gangtok city. This tranquil lake is situated at an altitude of 12,000 ft. on the Gangtok Nathu La highway. The lake is about 15 meters deep and is considered sacred by the local people. It is also home to Brahminy ducks. This mild lake remains frozen during the winter months. Nathu La Pass to the Republic of China is nearly 20 km further and is an optional tour. Prior permission is required to visit Nathula Pass. Extra cost applies for an extended tour to Nathula. The evening is free to roam around M G Road (Mall)/local shopping at Gangtok.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Return - Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport/NJP station
Return drive from Gangtok to NJP or Bagdogra airport which is a 120 km 4 - 5 hours drive. The trip ends at the Gangtok NJP Railway Station/ IXB Airport.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 2 Nights accommodation in Darjeeling as per itinerary
- 2 Night accommodation in Gangtok as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Darjeeling Himalayan Railway
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, known affectionately as the toy train, made its first journey along its precipice-topping, 2ft-wide tracks in September 1881 and is one of the few hill railways still operating in India. It's even listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site. Besides its regular passenger service to/from Kurseong, there are steam-powered joy rides during high season. Enthusiasts can see the locomotives up close in the shed across the road from Darjeeling train station.
Located at the highest point in Darjeeling area, Tiger Hill is best known for the dazzling sunrise view of the Kanchenjunga and the snow covered peaks of the entire eastern Himalayan range. On a clear day you can even see the mount Everest from here. Tiger Hill is located 11km from the Darjeeling Town and takes about 40 minutes to reach by car.
River Rafting in Teesta
One such destination is the Makha town beside Gangtok. A circuit of around 11-km, rafting starts from this quaint little town and continues till Rangpo through Sirwani. Above all, what attracts the adrenaline junkies for river rafting in Gangtok is the astounding views while challenging and manoeuvring the ferocious rapids of Teesta River.
On the journey to this pass, you can also witness some of the hidden lakes, diverse range of flora and fauna, local shepherds with their sheep, yak and goats. If luck favours, you can also spot endangered species like snow leopards, Tibetan wolf, golden eagle and several others.
- High-speed Internet
- Conference room
- Free parking
- Location : siliguri,darjeeling,gangtok
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing