Kashmiri Honeymoon Adventures
DescriptionBest of Kashmir, specially tailored keeping in mind about the honeymoon travelers of India.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 - Arrive in Srinagar and Local Sightseeing
Arrive at the Srinagar Airport and proceed to your hotel. Visit Shankaracharya Temple, one of the oldest shrines in the Kashmir Valley. Enjoy the beauty of Chashme Shahi, Shalimar Bagh and Nishat Bagh, the famous Mughal Gardens. Visit the handicraft shops and buy some exquisite local hand-crafted items such as shawls, jackets, bed covers, papier-mache and carpets. Stroll along the Dal Lake in the evening and explore the local markets. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Srinagar - Sonamarg - Srinagar (80 km/2 hours, one way)
Embark on a full day excursion to the picturesque meadow of gold, Sonamarg. It is a popular spot for trout and mahseer fishing in the summer. You can choose a pony ride to one of the glaciers in Srinagar and have some fun in snow and ice by your own payment. Return to the hotel in Srinagar and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Srinagar to Gulmarg (52 km/1.5 hours)
In the morning, head to Gulmarg, the meadow of flowers. Enjoy the drive through the picturesque route from Srinagar to Gulmarg. Gulmarg is a perfect spot for skiing, snowboarding and golfing. Experience a cable car ride to Kongdoori and Afarwat in Gulmarg Gondola, the second highest operating cable car in the world. You can also enjoy photography, horse riding and shopping at this beautiful place. Stay overnight at a hotel in Gulmarg.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Gulmarg to Pahalgam (138.4 km/3 hours)
In the early morning, begin your journey to Pahalgam, the valley of shepherds. En route, visit the Awantipora ruins, an 1100-year-old temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Arrive in Pahalgam and enjoy the beauty of nature. You can also take a walk to Baisaren, which is located about 2 km from Pahalgam. Baisaren, a small village amidst pine and fir forest, is a Mini Switzerland. Relax for a while on the undulating meadow of Baisaran. Head to the Aru Valley and Chandanwari by car at your own cost. The picturesque route to Aru Valley is filled with plenty of campsites. This village is the starting point of treks to the Kolahoi Glacier. You can witness Hajan and Betaab Valley on the way to Chandanwari. Return to the hotel in Pahalgam in the evening and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Pahalgam to Srinagar (90 km/2 hours)
After breakfast, head to Srinagar and visit some famous tourist attractions. Later, take a houseboat for a comfortable night stay.
Day : 6 Day 6 - Departure from Srinagar
After a scrumptious breakfast, check-out from the hotel and transfer to the Srinagar airport to continue your onward journey.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 3 Nights accommodation in Srinagar as per itinerary
- 1 Night accommodation in Gulmarg as per itinerary
- 1 Nights accommodation in Pahalgam as per itinerary
- 1 Flower bed decoration in houseboat
- 1 Candle light dinner
- 1 evening Shikara ride at Dal lake
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Over 15km around, Dal Lake is Srinagar's jewel, a vast sheet of water reflecting the carved wooden balconies of the houseboats and the misty peaks of the Pir Panjal mountains. Flotillas of gaily painted shikaras (gondola-like taxi boats) skiff around the lake, transporting goods to market, children to school and travellers to delightful houseboats inspired by originals from the Raj era.
Of all Srinagar's Mughal gardens, Nishat Bagh is arguably the most appealing, with terracing that's steeper than that of better known Shalimar Bagh and fragrant blooming magnolias that frame a lovely lake panorama. It's on the lakeside drive, 7.5km from Nehru Park.
On top of thickly forested Shankaracharya Hill, this small Shiva temple is built from hefty blocks of visibly ancient grey stone. Previously known as Takht-i-Sulaiman (Throne of Solomon), it’s now named for a sage who reached enlightenment here in AD 750, but signs date the octagonal structure as 5th century and the site is even older. Some claim, very controversially, that a previous temple here was once renovated by Jesus and St Thomas.
Floating Vegetable Market
In the maze of channels at the edge of Dal Lake, the dawn vegetable market is an increasingly popular tourist sight, though vendors flogging souvenirs, saffron and chocolates can outnumber the vegetable boats. By 7am it's all over. Two-hour round trips from Nehru Park are offered by small boat (₹600) and shikara (gondola-like boat; ₹900).
- High-speed Internet
- Play Place
- Bike Rental
- Free parking
- Location : srinagar,gulmarg,sonmarg,pahalgam
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing