Kashmir and vaishno devi darshan
DescriptionSix night tour covering mata vaishno devi darshan and kashmir highlights.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 - Jammu - Katra
Arrival early morning at Jammu and transfer to Katra (50 kms - 1.5 hrs). Check into hotel and process to Vaishnodevi Darshan, Please note : (Total 13 kms walk to the temple that takes about 4-5 hours). Enroute stops at Adhkwari Temple and darshan at Baba Bhaironath Temple is recommended). During Summer and peak travel season it may be advisable to start the climb previous evening. Once queue tickets are purchased the wait period could be half an hour to 3 hours depending on the rush. During season Yatra Parchi (entry tickets required to beging the uphill walk), it is recommended to purchase in advance to avoid delays. Guests looking for Helidarshan (Helicopter ride, darshan and back), morning flights are recommeded for best weather and least uncertainity. Return by late evening.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Katra - Pahalgam
After breakfast -out from the hotel and drive to Pahalgam. After covering a distance of about 140 km, reach Pahalgam and check-in at the hotel and have a comfortable sleep in your room.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Pahalgam to Gulmarg
After Breakfast, Drive from Pahalgam to Gulmarg drive gulmarg, en route visit Avantipur. Overlooked by river Jhelum, the town of Avantipur houses two temples that were almost ruined during medieval times. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva, these temples display intricate carvings and alluring sculptures along with an impressive architecture. . Post reaching here, transfer to the hotel and relax for some time. Evening free to explore around at your own pace. You may go on a fun-filled gondola ride at your own expense that offers a thrilling view of fir-clad slopes. With the evening at your leisure, you may opt for a stroll through enchanting valleys, along mountain streams, and to the lakes in the area. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Gulmarg- Srinagar
After breakfast transfer to Srinagar. Bestowing its old-world charm on tourists, Srinagar aces in natural beauty and historical significance. Check into Hotel and day at leisure. Overnight stay in Srinagar.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Srinagar
Begin the excursion by paying homage at Shankaracharya Temple. Named after the great saint, Shankaracharya, this temple is situated atop Gopadari Hill and is a revered Hindu pilgrimage site. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this spiritual place can be reached after climbing around a hundred steps. It stands strong in an octagonal structure, resembling the shape of a Shiva linga. After this, journey to the Mughal Gardens and explore its unending beauty. With bright and colourful flowerbeds, gushing fountains and terraced lawns, the panoramic expanse of Mughal Gardens is beyond description. Evening free for shopping. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day : 6 Day 6 - Srinagar - Jammu
After a scrumptious breakfast, check-out from the hotel and transfer to the Jammu. Check into Hotel and evening at leisure.
Day : 7 Day 7 - Departure from Jammu
After a scrumptious breakfast, check-out from the hotel and transfer to the Jammu airport / station to continue your onward journey.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 1 Nights accommodation in Katra as per itinerary
- 1 Night accommodation in Gulmarg as per itinerary
- 1 Nights accommodation in Pahalgam as per itinerary
- 2 Night accommodation in Srinagar as per itinerary
- 1 Nights accommodation in Jammu as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Over 15km around, Dal Lake is Srinagar's jewel, a vast sheet of water reflecting the carved wooden balconies of the houseboats and the misty peaks of the Pir Panjal mountains. Flotillas of gaily painted shikaras (gondola-like taxi boats) skiff around the lake, transporting goods to market, children to school and travellers to delightful houseboats inspired by originals from the Raj era.
Of all Srinagar's Mughal gardens, Nishat Bagh is arguably the most appealing, with terracing that's steeper than that of better known Shalimar Bagh and fragrant blooming magnolias that frame a lovely lake panorama. It's on the lakeside drive, 7.5km from Nehru Park.
On top of thickly forested Shankaracharya Hill, this small Shiva temple is built from hefty blocks of visibly ancient grey stone. Previously known as Takht-i-Sulaiman (Throne of Solomon), it’s now named for a sage who reached enlightenment here in AD 750, but signs date the octagonal structure as 5th century and the site is even older. Some claim, very controversially, that a previous temple here was once renovated by Jesus and St Thomas.
Floating Vegetable Market
In the maze of channels at the edge of Dal Lake, the dawn vegetable market is an increasingly popular tourist sight, though vendors flogging souvenirs, saffron and chocolates can outnumber the vegetable boats. By 7am it's all over. Two-hour round trips from Nehru Park are offered by small boat (₹600) and shikara (gondola-like boat; ₹900).
- High-speed Internet
- Play Place
- Bike Rental
- Free parking
- Location : srinagar,gulmarg,katra,pahalgam
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing