Description5 day tour covering Kumarakom and Marari.
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day : 1 Day 1 - Arrive Cochin to Kumarakom
Arrive at Cochin airport/railway station, meet our representative and we will transfer you to Kumarakom. Located on Lake Vembanad's Eastern bank, Kumarakom is a cluster of islands, spread across 14 acres in area. With its lush mangrove forests, blue skies and glistening, crystal-clear waters; Kumarakom fascinates tourists as well as locals. A myriad of flora and fauna is found here which adds to the beauty of this veritable dreamlike spot. After reaching Kumarakom, you can check-in at the hotel and have a pleasurable overnight stay.
Day : 2 Day 2 - Day at Leisure in Kumarakom
After breakfast, get ready to spend some time at leisure. You can indulge in a range of rejuvenating activities that Kumarakom offers. You may go for boating and fishing, explore the local area featuring a few cottages set amidst coconut groves, or simply enjoy the panoramic views of the soothing backwaters. Home to flocks of migratory birds, Kumarakom will be a delight for bird watchers as you may see teals, herons, Siberian storks, cuckoos and egrets here. After a day full of exploration, return to your room and have a relaxing sleep.
Day : 3 Day 3 - Drive from Kumarakom to Marari
After Breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed for an enthusiastic ride towards Marari. Marari, also known as Mararikulam, is a small beach village that is residence to local fishermen. Situated in Alappuzha, Marari is a host to mesmerising beaches with glistening sands that will surely enchant you. Marari's panoramic expanse is adorned with swaying palms, salubrious climate and azure waters. Its exotic landscape offers endless opportunities for you to relax amidst calm surroundings. Upon reaching Marari, check-in at the resort and spend the rest of the day in complete relaxation. Later, return to the resort for an enjoyable overnight stay.
Day : 4 Day 4 - Day at Leisure in Marari
After breakfast breakfast, spend the rest of the day at leisure or explore the surroundings. You can enjoy a soothing stroll on the soft, sun-kissed sands and delve into a day full of rejuvenation. The enchanting sound of the waves and the dramatic swaying of palms will be an altogether calming experience. You can go for parasailing and surfing off the beach area and rejoice in the vast expanse. You can also take a tour of the fishing village and interact with the local fishermen about their livelihood. Spending time in Marari's lushness will bring you a relaxing sleep when you head towards your room.
Day : 5 Day 5 - Marari to Cochin: Departure
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and we drop you at Cochin railway station/airport for your Onward journey.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) on arrival
- Daily breakfasts at the hotel (excluding the first day)
- 2 Night accommodation in Kumarakom as per itinerary
- 2 Night accommodation in Mararikulam as per itinerary
- Accommodation in a Deluxe room
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle (except in the hills when the air-conditioner will be switched off).
- Vehicle parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance and fuel charges
- Transfers from railway station / airport to hotel
- Any Air Fare / Rail fare
- Services of the vehicle on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Alcoholic/aerated beverages, bottled water and starters
- Camera fees
- Entrance fees at all tourist attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Any tips, laundry expense & phone calls
- 5 % Government Service Tax
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”
Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is situated at Kumarakom in Kottayam taluk of Kottayam district in the Indian state of Kerala, on the banks of Vembanad Lake. Set in the Kerala Backwaters, the bird sanctuary is a favourite haunt of migratory birds.
A pleasant hill station replete with soothing greenery, Devikulam, quit close to Munnar has many tea gardens. Trout anglers may dip their fishing rods in the shimmering waters of Sita Devi Lake and enjoy abarbeque.
Pathiramanal is a small island inMuhamma panchayat of Alappuzha district and border of Kottayam district also. The name Pathiramanal means 'sands of night'. The scenic beauty of both sides of the lake as well as that of the island is mind blowing.
Kerala is well known for Ayurvedic therapies including refreshing spa and wellness massages. Ayurvedic wellness treatment, and a rejuvenating body massage at various resorts and spa centres are magical ways to relax your mind and body. Choose from Balinese massage, classical deep tissue massage or an authentic shirodhara.
- High-speed Internet
- Play Place
- Swimming Pool
- Free parking
- Location : kumarakom,marari
- Person: 2
- Price per person on twin sharing